Work on the 1985 20 Cuddy

James Tule

Oct 11, 2017
Massachusetts
I used Woven vinyl. It was pretty easy to work with, the only issue is the vinyl glue sets up really fast, like 5 minutes...... I was on EBAY looking around and there is a seller there called BOATCARPETSALES. He was selling the vinyl really cheap. I paid $45 for the 7 foot sheet and shipping was free. I do not know how long it will last, but you need a very sharp razor blade to cut it. If he continues to sell this stuff, I might get a lighter color for my cabin. I would call him on the phone and discuss what he has as there might be more options......

Are you the 20 cuddy I saw up in Kennebunk about 2-3 weeks ago?

fourcs

Dec 8, 2009
Florida
I used Woven vinyl. It was pretty easy to work with, the only issue is the vinyl glue sets up really fast, like 5 minutes...... I was on EBAY looking around and there is a seller there called BOATCARPETSALES. He was selling the vinyl really cheap. I paid $45 for the 7 foot sheet and shipping was free. I do not know how long it will last, but you need a very sharp razor blade to cut it. If he continues to sell this stuff, I might get a lighter color for my cabin. I would call him on the phone and discuss what he has as there might be more options......

Are you the 20 cuddy I saw up in Kennebunk about 2-3 weeks ago?
I'm in Kittery Point on a mooring

Attachments

• SAM_1922.JPG
    SAM_1922.JPG
    251.8 KB · Views: 227

James Tule

Oct 11, 2017
Massachusetts
I was staying in Kennebunk Marina and there was a 1985 20 up on the River at a dock. Must have been someone else...... I would contact the company I used and see what they have. Shipping is free and fast. below is the contact information.

Chris Ledford
BoatCarpetSales
706-277-5366
M-F : 9-5 EST

DCApy

Aug 15, 2014
View attachment 31570 View attachment 31571 View attachment 31572 View attachment 31570 View attachment 31571 View attachment 31572 View attachment 31573 View attachment 31574 View attachment 31575

More updates to the 20 as the summer goes on. I added seats to the engine box and made a teak seat box to place the seats on it. The rear seats are a little tall but the front seats are great. Over the winter I will incorporate a way to get the seats to lay down flat. also finished one side of the Woven Vinyl for the sides of the cockpit. Looks a lot better than the old carpet. Will be finishing the other side tomorrow. Still need to work more on the teak.... It is a never ending process. I have to admit, I enjoy working on it, but it seems like forever to finish one little project......
Looks great. Where did you find the seats and who was the manufacturer? Thanks so much. David

Latest posts