Re 246 open-converting to a leaning post

Bestday

Jul 31, 2020
Toronto Canada
I have a 1999 246 open that has the factory two seat setup. I wanted to convert to a leaning post setup with the backrest. I would trade my setup but that route has not worked out. Next I had Ray at Cape Coral Canvass lined up to make the three pieces needed as he has/had the original patterns. From there I was going to pattern the fibreglass piece needed to complete the project. Much to Ray’s displeasure someone through out the original patterns!!!So now what?? Does anyone know of a flower pot 246 for parts- any help here would be appreciated. Thx Paul

Attachments

• A7FDC0E8-D23C-45C0-A75D-3CDF0494B535.jpeg
    A7FDC0E8-D23C-45C0-A75D-3CDF0494B535.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 98

seatux

Aug 19, 2006
Port Charlotte Florida
Just design what you want and make it/or have it made. Even with the original patterns it would still have to be made, unless you think "original design" adds some sort of value to the boat, I'd go custom.

Bestday

Jul 31, 2020
Toronto Canada
Thx for the replies- I am not against custom work- I just wanted to make things easy on myself- since Ray did the original interior- I thought the OEM route made the most sense. I have a great fabrication shop here that can make up the aluminum back rest bars- I have enough photos of the setup that a shop locally could do the work. I would love to get my hands on the original fibreglass piece that the seating material rests on. I had Ray make up the rear bolster that blew out of the boat when it was being shipped to me. His price shipped to me in Canada was less than anyone around here.

TJ Prop Shop

Aug 7, 2022
Hello Best day, I have the parts you were looking for to convert your seats from swivel seats to leaning post configuration. I have a 99 246WA I converted from leaning post to swivel seats. I saved all the parts. Please contact me at 218-766-1466.

Bestday

Jul 31, 2020
Toronto Canada
Got my leaning post setup from TJ prop. Great guy and a great transaction. I hope to get it installed in the next few days. I will have the original pedestal seats and covers for sale in the next few days as well. Winter project will be having the backrest bars made up. Got a call out to Ray at Cape canvass for the backrest material.

Latest posts