Parting out 2001 PCM 5.7 TBI motor

Discussion in 'Boat Accessories Buy/Sell/Trade' started by CrewTwo, Mar 15, 2021.

1. CrewTwo

CrewTwo Member

Replacing with new motor. Motor ran well when I took it out. 1800 hours. Only reason for replacement was 2 cylinders were 25 psi lower than others. Throttle body cleaned and tuned last year. Heads were rebuilt 3 years ago. Motor is in Manahawkin, NJ. Complete fresh water system has no leaks including heat exchanger. Motor is completely torn down.

2. Jersey Drape

Jersey Drape Well-Known Member

How much you looking for this?

3. CrewTwo

CrewTwo Member

Hi Jersey Drape, The block, heads, exhaust, and risers are gone. I have the rest of the motor that I thought would be useful to someone. Listed below are some of the parts that are available. I was ready to buy a new long block and put these on that block. Spent hours painting everything with POR-15. Then the availability of a brand new motor with Multi Port Fuel Injection and closed fresh water cooling came along. About to put it in the boat. Hopefully this weekend. Not looking to make a lot of money on these parts. Just figured someone could use them.

Full TBI system with manifold, wiring and fuel pump. Will require your fuel tanks to have return lines. I sent the throttle body out 2 years ago to be cleaned and rebuilt.

Fresh Water cooling system with good clean heat exchanger and all hoses.

Bedliner paint coated oil pan with oil extraction fitting and hose. This pan was put on 4 years ago. Still looks good.

I have all brackets and other various parts. Oil/Trans cooler on bracket was not leaking, but I was going to replace it.

4. CrewTwo

CrewTwo Member

All these parts are still available. New motor is in and running great. $500 for everything. Would be great for someone replacing a raw water cooled, carburetor engine. Too much to ship. Must pick up.

5. fluke37

fluke37 Well-Known Member

Full fresh water system? any pics thanks

6. CrewTwo

CrewTwo Member

It is a half system. Fresh water cooled exhaust, but not risers. I think it could be converted to full cooling with the right riser and some extra hoses. My new engine has full fresh water cooling, but I had to go with 4” outlet reducing down to the stock 3.5”. The risers are much higher also. I’ll send pictures when I take them in the next week.

7. CrewTwo

CrewTwo Member

Here are the photos

Attached Files:

8. moitoso1

moitoso1 Member

Are the parts still available?

V/r,
    Steve

9. moitoso1

moitoso1 Member

10. CrewTwo

CrewTwo Member

Hi Steve, Most parts are gone. I have the oil pan and 2 raw water pumps left.