New here

robert prutzman

Jul 28, 2016
I have a 1996 22 WA. The biggest issue, or more accurately a concern, is the self-bailing function. At rest and with flat seas, it will self bail. However, in any other condition it will not. Maybe the gas engine version sole will sit higher. I have the Yanmar diesel option. The engine and transmission is just under 1000 #. With full 100 gals of fuel, I need to keep the plugs in the drain holes at the transom. If you are keeping the boat in the water, make sure your bilge pumps work properly. I use the boat on Lake Ontario and several times I wish I had a bigger boat, but it always performed. The hull, transom and stringer system are well built and rock solid.

BRodish

Aug 19, 2022
I've got an '86 170CC for sale down in Palm Coast, FL if you're looking for a smaller Shamrock. Owner repowered in 2020 and is getting restless about selling it. Great looking boat but the size may not be what you're looking for in a boat.

Downbucket

Supporting Captain
Sep 8, 2021
Maine
Hello Shamrock people, I am currently boat shopping and have been browsing Shamrocks as a potential buy. Today I looked at a 1996 22 ft walk around. Here is the craigslist listing:

Weather today here on Long Island wasn't the best for a bay test, so I will be looking again in the next few days and hope to take her out for a spin. Any boat I have run prior was for work purposes; small single/twin outboard Sea Tow boats, small i/o water taxis, and larger inboard passenger ferries here on the island. I have never run a small straight inboard like this Shamrock. I figured this was the place to go to find out all the pros and cons of these nice looking little boats.

Are any there problem areas or common issues I may come across in these boats? Anything I should keep an eye out for? I will mostly be using the boat for cruising the Great South Bay, or near offshore. I will be using it for fishing, but not primarily. Water depth is a concern of mine, as the bay here is fairly shallow. I did some research on other boat forums and, like anything, heard everything from love to hate when it comes to Shamrocks. I did notice a very common word used was "wet" lol, which is fine for me, if I'm on a boat I am prepared to encounter water. In the end I won't know until I pull the trigger how it works for me, but figured any feedback would be helpful in one way or another.

I know this is very vague request, but any info/tips/input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks very much.

Jared
Hi Jared:
I have a 1998 Shamrock 22 foot walk around for sale. It is listed on Craigslist.

Latest posts