Minn Kota on a 26ft Shamrock

rxbarry

Aug 10, 2006
Mattituck,NY
Has anyone tried the Minn Kota with the spot lock of a 26 Shamrock ..I am primarily interested in a stern mount…as the bow mount would require modifications to the bow rail…and it can be challenging to get up on the bow in rough weather to deploy or retrieve the Minn Kota unit.

Jersey Drape

Jun 26, 2016
I’ve got a minnkota on a 22 shamrock in the bow. I don’t know how well a stern mount would work unless you are fine with stern into the wind and if it’s too snotty to walk up to the bow that might not be the kind of weather you wanna be headed into stern first…

redneck

Mar 2, 2009
Palm Bay FL
Has anyone tried the Minn Kota with the spot lock of a 26 Shamrock ..I am primarily interested in a stern mount…as the bow mount would require modifications to the bow rail…and it can be challenging to get up on the bow in rough weather to deploy or retrieve the Minn Kota unit.
A member on here put one on a Mack (Captain Starbucks).

Kjorah

May 6, 2007
Florida
1670070669447.jpeg

CrewTwo

Sep 7, 2018
Thank You Kjorah, pictures are great. Thinking about purchasing one for my 246WA. Has anyone here installed one on this boat. Thanks, Mike.

tuner

Sep 28, 2015
Huntington Beach, CA
I installed the 84" 36v Rhodan on my Mackinaw last March. Overall, it has been great with the exception of a tendency to wrap the heavy cable around the shaft in light variable winds. I am working with Rhodan to find a solution.

I wanted to keep the bow rail intact but eventually conceded the end of the pulpit section for a cleaner placement, functioning anchor, and unrestricted path to the bow. I used three100AH LiFePO4 batteries mounted in the head area. The top of the unit is about 1" above the bow hatch and supported by the RAM mount.

I posted a few pictures on the other site:

https://forum.classicshamrock.net/forum/general-conversation/33937-spring-projects

Latest posts