Having fun designing my dream Shamrock

Finnegan

Jul 12, 2022
Does anyone know if the early hardtops are a bolt on part? I don't see why a custom hardtop couldn't be sealed and bolted down like the existing windshield. I would aim to keep the dashboard as it currently exists and the wiring into the hardtop to a minimum.

My whole motivation for wanting to do somthing like this is I recently had to bring the boat through some nasty incoming waves and wind. My canvas top and windshield were leaking like crazy and I could hardly see to the point I has to turn around. Also at 6' 3" my view is very obstructed when slowly making my way through no wake zones with the stock setup, some big windows would be awesome. Lastly I really would like a hardtop for the grab rails when making my way to the bow and I would love the ability to store a small dinghy up there when cruising around.

TK246WA

Aug 18, 2020
South shore, MA

ibfishing

Jul 22, 2006
San Diego
Local San Diego boat builder Blackman Boats use to build this model…
26’ Outerbanks
0F4DAE05-0BB9-4495-B34F-28B45EAAB066.jpeg

pilarboat

Apr 19, 2016
Looks great, I wonder how much headroom they managed to get in there
If you are thinking about this, then built the headroom to suit you; others can duck down a bit. Many years ago a friend had a 60' party boat built in Deltaville, VA., Apparently the builder was 6'4" and my friend was 5'6. When the friend went to pick up the boat he could not see out the windshield and had to have a platform added. For any from Cape May area wondering, the boat was the Nada Jane owned by Walt Schick. I grew up in CM>

seatux

Aug 19, 2006
Port Charlotte Florida
It's easier ( and better) to build a platform ( that can be moved around) than have to "dig a hole" to stand in!
I installed a very strong fold down "foot rest" that I stand on to look over the windshield when running home at night, luckily I have enough headroom to comfortably stand on it.

Last edited:

Latest posts