Fuel Tank Pickup Troubles

boataddict

May 19, 2020
Point Pleasant, NJ
I see the manufacturer tag. Does the year of fabrication match the year of boat. It will tell if the tank was changed out before or was original.
It matches the boat. Original.

It was installed really well. The compartment was mostly dry, most of the foam wasn't wet, and it sat on rubber strips too. So no surprise it lasted this long.

I suspect it sitting on land for so long away from the saltwater plays a role as to why they're in such good shape.

petertr3

Supporting Captain
Jul 11, 2017
I've never heard of the stuff before, but has anyone tried Startron Fuel Tank Cleaner? It seems to get decent reviews.

petertr3

Supporting Captain
Jul 11, 2017
I wondered about that. It's supposed to dissolve the varnish, goo and soft boogers, but I wondered about the big stuff.

Ship

Supporting Captain
Dec 15, 2008
Atlantic City, NJ area
The big stuff feels like clay and looks similar too. I tried startron and other stuff too. To no avail. It doesn't solve the clay stuff even when I dumped the clay into startron straight.

petertr3

Supporting Captain
Jul 11, 2017
Wonder what that is. Know anybody at a hospital or crime lab with access to a GCMS? My mess has been the gummy soft stuff that dries into a soft tan powder. I think Startron might deal with that.

Latest posts