Fuel Tank Pickup Troubles

Ship

Supporting Captain
Dec 15, 2008
Atlantic City, NJ area
I also recommend pulling, cleaning and testing. Another option is a bladder. They've been talked about before but the tanks were 800 a pair at that time. I'm surprised Speedy Tanks were rude. When I had mine done, they were very helpful and polite. At that point in time they owned a 26 hardtop. The lady was my age so they may have changed hands.

DaveR

Supporting Captain
Aug 5, 2012
St Augustine FL
I’ve spoken to Speedy Tanks several years ago when pricing tanks for projects. They were responsive and easy to deal with. they also seemed to have the specs for several Shamrock models. I ended up buying all the tanks over the years from Action. Their prices seemed better and most of the time he had tanks on the shelf for the 26 footers and the narrow 20’s. Last I knew he didn’t have a set for the 20 and 22 wide body’s but was thinking about keeping a set on hand. That’s also a few years ago.

seatux

Aug 19, 2006
Port Charlotte Florida
The company that made my original tank is real nice to deal with, you may want to get a quote from them;
EZELL INDUSTRIES
15030 Beach Rd
Perry Florida 32348
850-578-2558
Rhonda Alford [email protected]

Either way, once you get a new tank use "Marine Epoxy Coal Tar" and coat the entire outside of it!

boataddict

May 19, 2020
Point Pleasant, NJ
Speedy tanks quote was $2500. Absurd

Action manufacturing initially said they wouldn't take any orders right now that they'd have to ship. Emailed Richard directly and he gave me a quote of $2500 as well.

Waiting on the quote from EZELL also and a couple other sites online.

Right now it's looking like I'm definitely going to pull the empty starboard tank and see what it looks like. If I can stretch out a few more years from them that's the way I'm going to go. $2500 is an absurd amount. Seems like the cost has doubled in just a few years.

boataddict

May 19, 2020
Point Pleasant, NJ
KSH Fuel Products quoted me $678 for each tank, plus shipping (figure another $100 maybe).

Definitely WAY more reasonable. Definitely considering going that route.

Latest posts