Fed Ex

Quik Fix

Aug 7, 2006
Emerald Isle, N.C.
So I'm trying to ship a platform to someone in Ruskin, Fl. They send money via PayPal and I have the platform boxed and ready to ship with a scheduled P/U on Tuesday. Fed Ex woman shows up and says she can't take it because she works for a different company. Wait until 5:30 and go home. Next morning neighbor said Fed Ex truck showed up at 6:30 and to tell me that they can't get here before that time. I get another label and scheduled P/U for every day this week. No show. The customer is doubting my honesty so I bite the bullet and will ship tomorrow via UPS. A lot more money but at least I can drop it off. The nearest drop off for something that size for Fed Ex is an hour away.
My legal papers on another matter were delivered via Fed Ex over night. Well not exactly. Horrible company in THIS AREA.

nautipelican

Apr 18, 2010
Caswell Beach, NC
Seems nothing is like it used to be..............While in California I was waiting for a pkg to be delivered that had both the daughter-in-law gifts in it. It had to be signed for..............UPS did not show up until 6:30PM AFTER we missed them on the first attempt.
They wouldn't say when that day they would arrive so you sit around all day waiting. They run around here always after dark - I wonder what they do durring the day - I never see any of them.
Our USPS delivery woman had some kind of accident and severly broke her leg - everyone in the neighborhood was collecting money to help her with the recovery................when I inquired about the fact that she probably had much better health benefits, etc then I have, I was told that she was "contract", not an employee, and had NO BENEFITS.........try doing that one with your business and your INSURANCE CO (workmens comp) and the IRS will come visit you.

Rusty Rod

Feb 28, 2015
San Diego
During the holiday's, I was upstairs in my office. Heard the doorbell, immediately got up and walked to the door. By the time I opened the door, the guy was getting back in his truck to leave. I ran out to the street and stopped him. Holy cow!, if I stopped to take a sip of coffee, he would of been gone!

seatux

Aug 19, 2006
Port Charlotte Florida
Fed Ex is a Shit Company!
They have tried to call the drivers "independent contractors" and they claim those contractors own or lease there own trucks.
I think they got busted and paid a huge fine but are still trying to scam it all.
A Shit Company!

jkraft

Supporting Captain
Oct 25, 2012
Perry Hall, Maryland
Jerry, I understand the pain. Just out of curiosity, how much more money is UPS over Fedex for the same shipping destination? If you contacted UPS about being a frequent shipper for large items, I imagine that you could catch a break somewhere in there, maybe.

Quik Fix

Aug 7, 2006
Emerald Isle, N.C.
Was $50 more and I dropped it off. No place to drop off large items for FedEx. I am quitting the fiberglass business for now anyway so it doesn't matter. I'm just tired of getting treated like shit. I'm old and grouchy and you guys are my sounding board.
Just wondering, do you think that 70 year old woman in the drive thru window really wants me to have a good day?

Quik Fix

Aug 7, 2006
Emerald Isle, N.C.
Tuesday I get a Fedex delivery and the driver is the owner of the delivery company that contracts with Fedex. He promises better pickup service. I shipped yesterday. They picked up at 4:30. OK. Today I had a part to ship. Label printed and I waited till 6:55. No show. Welcome to the new normal.

hank2

Sep 15, 2011
Georgia
I think once Amazon gets into the delivery business things will be good. I've had a lot of problems with damaged goods from UPS lately. FedEx is always hit or miss for us.

Eyekymo

Sep 26, 2004
Algonquin, Il., Sebastian, Fl.
In our neck of the woods, Fedex is more reliable than UPS. Definitely more gentle with the packages. I had a UPS guy deliver a robotic welder last year. I watched the carton come bouncing down the steps, and out the door of the truck, followed by the moron that kicked it out. I laughed, and walked away, not knowing that it was my package, until later. Another time, I had a bike frame delivered, and the guy managed to break a kevlar fender. How do you even do that? Reminds me of the apes in the Samsonite commercials.

Latest posts