Boat sinks in Jupiter Inlet

John

Oct 23, 2016
Brooklyn Park, Maryland
I've also heard a lot of people say this inlet can be rough. We raced out of this inlet a few years ago and no matter what the show had to go on!! Thank goodness this fellow made it safely to land!!

Mistress

Staff member
Supporting Captain
Jan 22, 2005
San Jose, CA
Ya...not a Shammy. Helm too far aft. Not the sharp prow.

But ya...a following sea is not our friend. Our boats don't surf worth a damn. Ride the backside and keep going uphill.

And if you know you have a weight distribution problem, start shifting weight around before you hit the inlet.

Mistress

Staff member
Supporting Captain
Jan 22, 2005
San Jose, CA
40 years experience commercial fishing and this happens?
Go fund me...I think not.
If the boat is how he makes his living he should have insurance on it, or be able to replace it with cash from his pocket..

I had the same thoughts.

cw.abeljr

Jun 6, 2014
Pasadena, Md
Something about the video seems strange to me. You can tell by the way that the video follows the boat and zooms in and out that it was not shot by someone on the side of the inlet. It appears to me that it was filmed from an aircraft (probably a helicopter). You don't suppose that this could have been staged do you??? I could be wrong but it just doesn't look right to me.

Mistress

Staff member
Supporting Captain
Jan 22, 2005
San Jose, CA
Something about the video seems strange to me. You can tell by the way that the video follows the boat and zooms in and out that it was not shot by someone on the side of the inlet. It appears to me that it was filmed from an aircraft (probably a helicopter). You don't suppose that this could have been staged do you??? I could be wrong but it just doesn't look right to me.

Drones are everywhere nowadays.

Latest posts