Bertram 25

DORADOsteve

Jan 22, 2007
Singer Island, Fl
Ok, I will give you the eisenglass- no biggie as it is removable.

Maybe it is the size of the hardtop or console placement, that is making it look awkward to me.

Still in all, it looks SWEET.

grreatdog

Jan 26, 2003
Just bustin' your chops over the canvas. This southern boy learned the hard way exactly how cold the water is here. I miss my SC bath water temperatures. Amyway I agree that it looks out of proportion.

Either it is the way the hardtop is situated or the console is too far back or too big or the combination. But I dig the change from gas to diesel and I/O to inboard. Plus the tuna door in the transom is just plain cool.

morning wood

Aug 24, 2003
ALLEN MD
If you google Scott Simms Bertram Site,there is a whole section devoted to what went in that boat. Mr. James Graham rebuilt her. There is also a similar design of one rebuilt with a blue hull and green bottom. Lots of teak including a teak console.

Eyekymo

Sep 26, 2004
Algonquin, Il., Sebastian, Fl.
cool boat, excellent rebuild - what a master, I wonder about the visibility underway.

I think that the pic speaks for itself. Little, or no visibility. I also agree with the console being too far back. That is one of my pet peeves with my 20' open. Needs more cockpit! I'll take the rougher ride any day. And, by the way, when you get up to cruise speed in a 20er, and you start hitting 4s, or 6s, the SOFTER ride of the center console is not so soft.

Mike

Last edited:

Captguts

Sep 25, 2014
The Bertram with the helm on the deck are called the Bahia Mar model. The 25, the 28 and the "King" of them all is the 31. These boats will get you home no matter what.
The pic is the boat just sold last month.... After 16 great yrs. image.jpg

Maguradog

Aug 16, 2013
Central Florida
I run a 31 and they are fun boats as far as getting you home in anything well ? The boats are small for 31 ft with low gunnels and non sealed deck hatches they are very interesting in big seas. The green water that you receive on the fly bridge is amazing. Not my first choice when it rough that is for sure !!!

derek dombrycz

Aug 15, 2007
Well I finally got my wish and bought a 25 Bertram S/F V Drive. She was a Mass. boat that saw great care and not much use. She was in covered storage in the off season for the last 20 years. Her name is CAVU. Maybe some of you up north may have seen her.
I am in the process of a total restoration,engines,wiring,fuel tanks and AWLGRIP. The 318s are original and running but tough to get parts for. So I sold them and a pair of 350s will be going in.
I have redone one and put pair of 3.0L Mercury unlined 4 and like it. Less weight, fuel efficient and cheap to maintain and find parts for. Boat weights under 5000 lbs.

Latest posts