Bad news for Shamrock lovers

Ship

Supporting Captain
Dec 15, 2008
Atlantic City, NJ area
It has been reported that the originator of the Shamrock boat line has passed on. George Boynton was a mechanical wizard and it shows considering some of his original 1970s boats are still among us. RIP George.

lwarden

Jun 2, 2011
San Diego
A good legacy to leave, he started something that created a lot of joy for many people, I say that's a win.
RIP George.

Nay

Dec 1, 2007
Suffolk, VA
I posted this on the classic site. Sorry, I should have also included it here:

A great friend has passed.

I received a call yesterday from George Boynton’s family that he left us 17 June. His wife Kathy and son Jon said that George died Friday after returning from dialysis treatment. He had said he was beginning to feel a little sore all over, uncomfortable and tired. While he was resting with the family he gently transitioned to his next great adventure.

Our families have known each other for 51 years and during that time I have regarded him as my mentor and have always been amazed at his ability to excel in just about anything he was interested in. It was incredible to work with him on so many different projects ranging from mechanics, boat design, helicopter design and even diverse things such as converting a turbocharger to a jet engine just to see if he could. In his many facets of endeavors he has passed his work ethics and knowledge to so many people that have gone on to form their own successful companies. He has a great number of devotees between the Shamrock enclave and the Mosquito clan.

He will be cremated and they are planning on a private funeral with just family members but, want to eventually have an open gathering for a “Celebration of Life” in his honor. Things are a little emotionally difficult for them just now but as soon as I know what situations will be I’ll keep the Cult informed.

We have all lost a good friend and he will be greatly missed.

crhodes

Supporting Captain
Aug 26, 2003
Southport, NC
For those who missed the 2013 convention or are new to the site... Below is a picture of "The Man" receiving a plaque from Foxhole (a.k.a. Craig) in appreciation for all he has done. I do not exaggerate when saying this was one of the top events in my adult life. (It's a boating thing.) Hearing the Shamrock story, seeing the admiration expressed from past employees/co-workers/vendors, and hearing some of the stories that took place back in the day was priceless! (Not to mention meeting fellow Shamrockers.) Just wanted you to be able to put a face with the name. (Click on image.)

L-R: Craig Fox, George Boynton

Attachments

• George Boynton - 1.jpeg
    George Boynton - 1.jpeg
    161.8 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

petertr3

Supporting Captain
Jul 11, 2017
I posted this on the classic site. Sorry, I should have also included it here:

A great friend has passed.

I received a call yesterday from George Boynton’s family that he left us 17 June. His wife Kathy and son Jon said that George died Friday after returning from dialysis treatment. He had said he was beginning to feel a little sore all over, uncomfortable and tired. While he was resting with the family he gently transitioned to his next great adventure.

Our families have known each other for 51 years and during that time I have regarded him as my mentor and have always been amazed at his ability to excel in just about anything he was interested in. It was incredible to work with him on so many different projects ranging from mechanics, boat design, helicopter design and even diverse things such as converting a turbocharger to a jet engine just to see if he could. In his many facets of endeavors he has passed his work ethics and knowledge to so many people that have gone on to form their own successful companies. He has a great number of devotees between the Shamrock enclave and the Mosquito clan.

He will be cremated and they are planning on a private funeral with just family members but, want to eventually have an open gathering for a “Celebration of Life” in his honor. Things are a little emotionally difficult for them just now but as soon as I know what situations will be I’ll keep the Cult informed.

We have all lost a good friend and he will be greatly missed.
I never got to meet him, but I sure appreciate his genius and work.

Latest posts