And now for some Levity

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Leprechaun, Jul 23, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Fish Witch

Fish Witch Well-Known Member

Cynical Philosopher...

♦ I read that 4,153,237 people got married last year, not to cause any trouble but shouldn't that be an even number?

♦ Today a man knocked on my door and asked for a small donation towards the local swimming pool. I gave him a glass of water.

♦ I find it ironic that the colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.

♦When wearing a bikini, women reveal 90% of their body.. men are so polite they only look at the covered parts.

♦ A recent study has found that woman who carry a little extra weight, live longer than the men who mention it.

♦ Relationships are a lot like algebra. Have you ever looked at your X and wondered Y?

♦ America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote.

♦ You know that tingly little feeling you get when you like someone? That's your common sense leaving your body.

♦ Did you know that dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish?

♦ My therapist says I have a preoccupation with vengeance. We'll see about that.

♦ I think my neighbor is stalking me as she's been googling my name on her computer. I saw it through my telescope last night.

♦ Money talks ...but all mine ever says is good-bye.

♦ You're not fat, you're just... easier to see.

♦ If you think nobody cares whether you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

♦ I always wondered what the job application is like at Hooters Do they just give you a bra and say, “Here, fill this out?”

♦ I can’t understand why women are okay that JC Penny has an older women’s clothing line named, “ Sag Harbor .”

♦ My therapist said that my narcissism causes me to misread social situations. I’m pretty sure she was hitting on me.

♦ My 60 year kindergarten reunion is coming up soon and I’m worried about the 175 pounds I’ve gained since then.

♦ Denny’s has a slogan, “If it’s your birthday, the meal is on us.” If you’re in Denny’s and it’s your birthday, your life sucks!

♦ The pharmacist asked me my birth date again today. I’m pretty sure she’s going to get me something.

♦The location of your mailbox shows you how far away from your house you can be in a robe before you start looking like a mental patient.

♦ I think it's pretty cool how Chinese people made a language entirely out of tattoos.

♦ Money can’t buy happiness, but it keeps the kids in touch!

♦ The reason Mayberry was so peaceful and quiet was because nobody was married. Andy, Aunt Bea, Barney, Floyd, Howard, Goober, Gomer, Sam, Earnest T Bass, Helen, Thelma Lou, Clara and, of course, Opie were all single. The only married person was Otis, and he stayed drunk.

[email protected] and Eyekymo like this.
  2. Eyekymo

Eyekymo Well-Known Member

That's hilarious. Sounds like Steven Wright.

3. fisherlady2

fisherlady2 Well-Known Member

I loved his stand ups in the 80s! Wonder if he is still active?

4. Eyekymo

Not so much, lately. The Emoji Movie, last year. Did you know that he won an oscar for a movie that he produced? Quite an accomplished career.

5. fisherlady2

fisherlady2 Well-Known Member

Didn't know that... he was one of my favorite comedians, it doesn't surprise me that he was able to succeed beyond the standup.

6. Gary S

Gary S Well-Known Member

Makes sense now. Two of his jokes still stick in my mind - I was stopped for doing 55 miles an hour in a 35. Told him I wasn't going to be out that long. The other one was- I'd have been here sooner but the guy in front of me had a bike rack......

7. Eyekymo

8. 2angle

2angle Well-Known Member

got this one today and thought the group may enjoy

IMG_5296.jpg

redneck and [email protected] like this.
  9. radioman

radioman Well-Known Member

I was walking around the block the other day, & stopped to talked to a deplorable looking homeless man sitting on a bench,,,, I asked him how he ended up this way.

He said, "Up until last month, I still had it all.
    I had a roof over my head & plenty to eat, ,,, my clothes were washed and pressed.
    I had TV AND Internet,,,, I went to the gym, the pool, and the library.
    I was working on my MBA on-line. I had no bills and no debt. I even had dental & full medical coverage!"

I felt so sorry for him,,,,,, so I asked, "What happened? Factory shut-down? Drugs? Alcohol? Divorce???"

He said, "Oh no, nothing like that," .... I was paroled."

10. Ship

Ship Well-Known Member Supporting Captain

image.jpeg