A new shamrock in town!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Dakota Smoll, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Dakota Smoll

Dakota Smoll New Member

738545FD-2836-4359-A5F1-26BC537E5659.jpeg 03C45D53-241E-4E49-B14B-383B90B96033.jpeg Hey guys thought I’d introduce myself. Last summer I worked for TowBoatUS here in Port Townsend, WA. I mainly ran a Shamrock 26 pilot house (“Gabriel”) for the summer and had a fun time doing it.

I work for a small tug and barge operation in Port Hadlock now and am well on my way to becoming mate. However a few weeks ago an interesting turn of events occurred...

the contractor I worked for at Towboat asked if I would like to purchase their newest vessel to the fleet. An identical Shamrock 26 Pilothouse as the boat I had ran. It seemed like a good investment opportunity so I said yes!

the last couple weeks we’ve been working on getting “Ariel” ready to sling some boats for this upcoming cruising season in the PNW. All the towing lights and Bells and whistles have been installed and we’re ready to launch tomorrow.

Originally she came equipped with a gas engine (not sure what kind) but has a rebuilt Cummins 5.9 in her now. Really looking forward to seeing what this boat can do.

anyway, I’m sure I’ll have plenty of questions for you shamrock experts as we go along here. If you’re in the PNW I’d love to hear from you! We end up running all over the place.

(I’ll be continuing to work for Star Marine and occasionally running the shamrock. I’m in charge of maintenance, above most things for this boat.)

redneck likes this.
  2. Rejoice

Rejoice Well-Known Member

Good luck with her she looks like a beauty.
    Rich

3. pilarboat

pilarboat Well-Known Member

Dakota:

I am curious about how you have the towing post attached to the boat. I know you need it in front of the prop and rudder, and centered, for good steerage. It would be nice if you could post a few more photos. Tks, Mike

4. lwarden

lwarden Well-Known Member

I'll keep an eye out for you up there. Nice purchase!

5. mako2

mako2 Well-Known Member

Good luck with your new boat. May you have many safe, happy and trouble free years with her.

6. Captain Starbucks

Captain Starbucks Well-Known Member

Very cool boat and welcome!

7. Robert Boucher

Robert Boucher Active Member Supporting Captain

Awesome boat! Congrats!

8. crhodes

crhodes Well-Known Member Supporting Captain

I'm drooling! Love the Pilot House models.