260 express trailer

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Jdawg26stalker87, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Jdawg26stalker87

Jdawg26stalker87 Member

Wanted to know if anybody had any trailer experience with the 260 shamrock Express. Looking to buy a 260 Express but want to know the pros and cons when trailering.any information on launching a 260 Express in and out of the water would be very helpful thank you.

2. Maraian

Maraian Well-Known Member

I have a 260 on a trailer. It pretty easy to launch and retrieve. I have 4 bunks ( 2 smaller ones forward that help keep it centered. Although usually have to power load a bit to get it all the way on. And use a winch strap to prevent it from sliding back as I pull it out. It pulls pretty good. I have a bimini and fold down arch wich make clearance less of an issue

3. Jdawg26stalker87

Jdawg26stalker87 Member

Thank you for your info

4. lwarden

lwarden Well-Known Member

I had mine on a trailer as well. It was a Magic Tilt with two large cypress bunks and two smaller forward bunks which helped with loading. I added plastic to the tops of the bunks to help with power loading.
    Pretty easy setup, boat trailered very well behind my 3/4T Chevy Duramax.

5. PapaDon13

PapaDon13 Member Supporting Captain

I just had a trailer built in Milton, FL for a 1999, Shamrock, 260, Express, by Eddie English. It cost me just over $12,000. Had to wait 7 weeks as with COVID shutdown parts were unavailable, for a while. I had 3 torsion bar axels, led lights, and a heavy duty winch to retrieve the boat. I bought a 1 ton, 3500 Ram, with a Cummings
    diesel to pul the rig. I have been refurbishing the new to me 1999 Shamrock 260 Express.

6. TK246WA

TK246WA Well-Known Member

I don’t have any trailer recommendations, but there’s a 26 express on a mooring near my 246 man that thing is gorgeous.

7. Yellowtail Slayer

Yellowtail Slayer Member

I live in Milton and I also have a 260 Express that is new to me. It has the 315 horse Yanmar with only27 hrs on it . Boat is called Hawg Wild. See you on the water.

8. Yellowtail Slayer

Yellowtail Slayer Member

I live in Milton and I also have a 260 Express that is new to me . It has the 315 horse Yanmar with only 27 hrs on it. Boat is called Hawg Wild. See you on the water.

9. pilarboat

pilarboat Well-Known Member

Yellowtail: I had a 315 Yanmar from new to 2500 hours...never a problem with the engine. If you do your own maintenance, make sure you know the locations of all the pencil zincs and keep them changed. The heat exchanger alone costs as much as a gas short block. The timing belt MUST be changed at 800 hrs. It's a great engine. If you use a mechanic for maintenance, use a Yanmar certified mechanic.

10. pilarboat

pilarboat Well-Known Member

Another important maintenance item is flushing the heat exchanger. I forget the hours but it clogs easily with pencil zinc particles and should be flushed using a closed system and Yanmar furnished flush that is similar to muriatic acid (swimming pool stuff). Now, I mind my own business.

Yellowtail Slayer likes this.