246 open with yanmar prop

plantsguy23

May 1, 2019
Bach, any chance I could ask you to post a picture of your exhaust arrangement as it leaves you engine? I've got my 170 Yanmar bolted in, and it looks like the exhaust outlet at the turbo level is scary close to the water-line elevation. do you have a riser to keep sea water from going up the exhaust into the turbo, or just a flapper?

Thanks in advance!!!

Bach Wilson

Sep 16, 2018
Bach, any chance I could ask you to post a picture of your exhaust arrangement as it leaves you engine? I've got my 170 Yanmar bolted in, and it looks like the exhaust outlet at the turbo level is scary close to the water-line elevation. do you have a riser to keep sea water from going up the exhaust into the turbo, or just a flapper?

Thanks in advance!!!

Actually I do in this thread.

https://www.shamrockboatownersclub.com/forums/threads/nearly-sank-my-boat-yesterday.42885/

TheBoat

Nov 3, 2019
Southern Maine
So confirming my numbers, looks like I get 31mph at 3200 RPM.

I Think I read somewhere the prop will walk if over propped. I notice this boat gets a little squirrelly in the rear when crossing wake at a 45 or so. Its worse with the live well empty. This have any truth to it?
3200rpm? You Diesel will blow up in short time if you run that high. My Shamrock 246 does 30 kts at 1800 rpm

Bach Wilson

Sep 16, 2018
I bought a used prop and had it refurbished. Im trying to find time to haul the boat out for propping, as well as a 100 other things.

Latest posts