1990 22' Predator Trailer specs?

Davstr

Jun 5, 2022
Hey guys, does anyone have the spec sheet for a 22' Predator trailer?
Cheers,
David

Kyle Quinn

Sep 6, 2021
Seattle, Washington
I have a trailer under my Predator 22 that was built by Pacific Trailers in Cali. Mine was built in 2003, has tandem 4000lbs axels with disc surge brakes. The bed is a double bunk with a prop protector like you would expect on a ski boat. Also has long side guides. Its a great trailer so far.

petertr3

Jul 11, 2017
I have a galvanized Load Rite with their SA articulated bunk system, It was recommended by the Camp Marine. It has the flexibility of rollers but the support of bunks,

Davstr

Jun 5, 2022
Would you have a specific model number?

I just spent 3 weeks searching for a trailer on the west coast in B.C. and couldn’t find anything that would work that wasn’t custom.

Raising the bunks is fine if it’s being used as point A to B but we plan on keeping the boat on the trailer and transporting it daily. All the local manufacturers in Vancouver are suggesting either a custom build for $15k or modifying and existing trailer to lower the cross members.

petertr3

Jul 11, 2017
Here's a link to the spec sheet. I did mine with LED lighting, discs on one axle and Vault hubs. LoadRites are made in PA, that might be a problem in BC. However, you may be able to buy or replicate the articulated bunks on a local chassis.
If you need better pics let me know. The bunks can pivot and tilt to match the hull, like rollers do.

Davstr

Jun 5, 2022
Thanks Peter, I've managed to find a trailer that we're modifying out here on the west coast. Can anyone confirm that these specs match my 1999 Predator 22'?
Thanks, David
Shamrock 22'.jpg

petertr3

Jul 11, 2017
I meant to ask, are you going to template single bunks or go with two sets of articulated bunks?

Davstr

Jun 5, 2022
The trailer I’m working with has single bunks on two mounts that pivot on the mounts. Will be replacing the bunks with local Cypress. There seems to be ample flex in the rear to front to support the boats bottom transitions assuming it’s fairly flat.

petertr3

Jul 11, 2017
Cypress is a great choice. The 22 has a lot of curvature bow to stern though. I'd stretch a string below where the bunks will be an get an idea of what you are dealing with. The custom trailer people I spoke to who used single bunks all shaped them. Easy job with a bandsaw and doable with a sawzall.

Latest posts