1984 Shamrock 20 Open Fish Project For Sale

ScottB

Aug 4, 2019
I need to sell my 20 foot open fish project boat. The boat was purchased with understanding that only the engine needed to be dropped in, but once I started work, that was not the case. I have disassembled the boat, removed the saturated foam from under the decks, removed the corroded foamed in fuel tanks, removed the rotten bulkheads between the gas tanks and the foam, and cut out the saturated wooden engine mounts. Currently, work completed includes the filling/glassing (west system epoxy) of the holes in the deck from the bow and stern pulpits and the screw holes in the floor of the boat, replaced the foam under the side decks, glassed in new bulkheads between the foam and fuel tank locations, replaced and glassed in the wooden engine mounts, and filled/faired and sanded the interior floor and topside decks and sides with Totalboat Totalfair epoxy faring compound. My next planned steps are to seal the hull/deck joint with 3M 5200 next and then painting the bilge with Totalboat bilge paint. The engine that came with the boat (not installed) is a Ford 351W that I was told was re-built and from the inspections I did, I have no reason to doubt this. I have assembled most of the engine and painted it. The boat is currently sitting on a tagged trailer that I replaced the bunks, bunk carpet, bunk supports, and tires and the trailer is included. I had planned on not re-installing the bow and stern pulpit and the filling and fairing reflect this. These could be re-installed if desired and can be provided, along with all the other parts removed. I am including a photo of the boat when I bought her, prior to disassembly. Project is being sold as-is. I will continue work on her as time allows, and the price may increase if I manage to find time to make large strides or invest in parts such as replacement fuel tanks or have the engine installed. I hate to sell but I have too much going on and would like to see the project completed and the boat used. Today's asking price is $3,000.00 OBO. Please message me directly for additional photos, to take a look at the boat, or if you have questions.

Scott

Attachments

• KIMG1321.JPG
    KIMG1321.JPG
    355.9 KB · Views: 83
  • KIMG2598.JPG
    KIMG2598.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 82
  • KIMG2599.JPG
    KIMG2599.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 82
  • KIMG2603.JPG