Venting tubes

Discussion in 'Tips & Modifications' started by pjorlando, Dec 17, 2018.

1. jkraft

jkraft Well-Known Member Supporting Captain

Oct 25, 2012
    Perry Hall, Maryland
    I have a couple of pilothouse related questions as far as the blower set up goes. The blower motor sits on top of the deck inside of the pilothouse to starboard of the motor box. A blower hose comes out of it and enters a cut out in the engine box. Was a rigid hose originally used instead of the standard bilge blower flex hose? What was used as a bracket to hold the hose in place? I can take a photo if that helps.

2. pjorlando

pjorlando Member

Nov 2, 2018
    Bohemia, NY
    Photos would be good, please. I am thinking that the starboard side blower is pulling air out, from the bilge, while port is letting fresh in. I did find stern ducting that is part of the boat that suggests another line out. Should I put another exhaust blower there as well? The fresher the air the better?

3. jkraft

jkraft Well-Known Member Supporting Captain

Oct 25, 2012
    Perry Hall, Maryland
    Every 26 and 20 I’ve had has had stern duct exiting the boat but the pilothouse didn’t as far as I know. I’ll shoot a pic this evening. I understand the function of my setup. I just know the soft bilge hose is always getting squashed by my motor box every time I open and close it