SoCal, Looking for Ride before Buying

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by David911, Jul 2, 2019.

1. David911

David911 New Member

Hey good people. I’m very interested in a 20 or 22 walk round (widebody). Trying to close up a deal on one in the next 2 weeks, but have yet to ride in one. Anyone near Dana Point or San Diego that might take me for a quick ride?? I’ll kick in $100 for gas! Thx, david

2. David911

David911 New Member

Skip it! Done. Happy to get out in some confused 2 and 3 foot chop. The boat cleared a nice path. The low CG and Keel minimized any continued side to side sway. Yep, she’s a bit wet but a great little ship. Moving forward with purchase process. And for what it’s worth, this will not be a fishing first boat. It will be family first. I loved the room and lack of plasticky Clorox bottle feel on traditional pocket cruisers. Interested to see how this pans out!

3. Rusty Rod

Rusty Rod Well-Known Member

Congrat"s on the new boat!

4. lwarden

lwarden Well-Known Member

Sorry we weren't able to setup a ride, but sounds like things went well anyway. Please post up pics and details when you can. Sounds like a great boat.
    Might be a tight time-frame, but we are planning a get together on the 27th of July and you are welcome to come by and meet some of the SoCal Shamrock guys. There will be a lot of folks there who've owned multiple Shamrocks and a wealth of knowledge to tap into if needed. Details are in the Get Together section of this board.

Oh, and welcome to the cult!

5. David911

David911 New Member

Thx for the welcome, but still trying to close a deal. Couple options. Tough choices. More to come...