Side Gunnel Panel Removal on a Shamrock 246 WA??

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SHAMWOW246WA, Feb 13, 2020.

1. SHAMWOW246WA

SHAMWOW246WA Member

I can't seem to get the darn things out. The end of the brush/hook holders seems to inhibit the removal. Certain I will break them if I try to remove. Any thoughts/tips?? Gotta be a trick...

Thx!

Attached Files:

2. redneck

redneck Well-Known Member

They might have used a small amount of adhesive to the end caps on the rod holder on.The box should pivot out on the rear then pull towards the rear. Mine has an access port in front of those boxes for the PVC,tubes having someone twist them while you pull might help if you break the end caps i made some out of PVC drains.

3. SHAMWOW246WA

SHAMWOW246WA Member

My end caps are are cemented to the tubes and panel. I can't budge them. I've chipped one apart, but it took forever and is making a mess of gelcoat and what not. The panel just won't slide back. Do you know what is holding it from sliding back? Can't remove these panels to save my life...grrr...

4. redneck

redneck Well-Known Member

I only remember the tubes and the screws but mine weren’t glued in that good.

SHAMWOW246WA likes this.