Salmon - Soquel Hole - Sunday

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports' started by Mistress, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Mistress

Mistress Well-Known Member

51/57 area (east side of hole). 90-130 down. Got 3, biggest about 10#. Left the devil fish for next time. 2 on UV FBR and one on blue dancer.

Late start as I had to troubleshoot an electrical gremlin. Bad circuit breaker. 12v until there's a slight load, then 2v.

2. fisherlady2

fisherlady2 Well-Known Member

Glad you found a few despite the late start...
    So why is it those gremlins only show up on time sensitive starts and not on afternoon scenic joy rides? o_O

3. Mistress

Murphy I assume.

Did get to see an Orca. Haven't seen one of those in years. Couple whales too, which aren't uncommon.

4. Fish Witch

Fish Witch Well-Known Member

I've found where the whales are, the bait is and that's where you'll find the salmon. If Orcas are in the area though, the salmon clear out. Good luck with your fishing and keeping those electrical gremlins at bay!

5. Mistress

YA, whales are a good sign. I only saw the orca for a glimpse about 400 yards beyond the whales. We had a lot of birds and some bait. Didn't hook anything in that area though.

Was concentrating on the 50 fathom curve on the edge of the drop off to soquel canyon. Fish came a couple miles inland of where all the life was.