Raymarine P79 Adjustable In-Hull Depth Angle Transducer - A80170

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Dave246, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Dave246

Dave246 Active Member

Got a new Ray Marine series "7" - 3 in 1 depth finder. The transducer states that I am looking at to buy states the hull thickness can not be greater than 5/8". Has anyone installed one or know the thickness of a 1998 246 CC

Thanks,

David

2. Shamrock Steve

Shamrock Steve Well-Known Member

David:

I installed an in-hull Airmar transducer for my Simrad unit in a 246 Open. I didn't measure the hull thickness, put it was close to or slightly greater than 3/4". I know this because I was sweating if my hole saw was going to be deep enough before it bottomed out. It was solid fiberglass too! I resealed around the transducer with epoxy resin.

Good Luck!

Steve

3. petertr3

petertr3 Well-Known Member

I don't know the hull thickness, but I installed a Garmin GT-15-IH transducer in my 2003 22 WA. It shoots through the hull and gives good CHIRP readings.

4. Dave246

Dave246 Active Member

Thanks guys

5. L.A. z GATOR

L.A. z GATOR Well-Known Member

Former owner of a 1999 246 WA here. I had that transducer, and found that it worked very well. Here is a pic of the location that I had it mounted, which is on the bottom of the attached photo. My new Garmin transducer is in a similar location towards the top of the photo.

Attached Files: