Manis & Risers

Discussion in 'Mechanic's Corner' started by flatrock, Jun 7, 2019.

1. flatrock

flatrock Well-Known Member

Hey all, has anyone here had experience with this company and products? If this is legit, tremendous savings! https://www.h2operformanceparts.com/risers-and-elbows
    Can't imagine they'd be any worse than Sierra products. I'd love to go Osco but those are all but extinct.

2. Shamrock Steve

Shamrock Steve Well-Known Member

Never tried these. Where are they cast (domestic or foreign)? I've recently seen some Chinese exhaust parts on the market at significant discounts. Just purchased some Barr Risers for a pair of Marine Power 350's. The 3" Riser's were $159 each + freight.

Steve

3. Rejoice

Rejoice Well-Known Member

I like Osco also, I found a set on Ebay last year, take a look you never know.

4. Captainbruca

Captainbruca Well-Known Member

Flatrock,
    Were you able to order your exhaust from H2O? I spoke to a gentleman once and he was suppose to get back with me on a shipping price and not heard a word since. I called and left my info on his machine and sent him an e mail. Wondering if this is legit.

5. flatrock

I did place an order with them, yes. Hoping it is legit too!!! I will follow up if and when they arrive. I spent two days removing the old ones from the boat, one bolt was a real nut buster, but their off now and ready for the new ones!

6. flatrock

So, I feel your concern @Captainbruca I called them back and got "that guy" who sounded less than interested. Dawn, on the other hand was very pleasant and called me right back. I asked her to send the tracking number, and according to FedEx, they should arrive today! Again, I'll follow up here with a full report when they come in.

7. Captainbruca

Captainbruca Well-Known Member

Same here, It turns out Mark the owner is overseas and Dawn is running the show from Minnesota. Mark actually called me and assured me of their quality control and that all risers and manifolds have been pressure tested for leaks. Mine should also arrive today via FedEx as well. l I guess We're in the same boat. Keep your fingers crossed. I will also post with a follow-up.

8. flatrock

Got mine, a day late from fedex, but they are now installed and seem to be just fine. I had the take some metal off my 1/2” wrench to get on the head of one bolt, the casting maybe a tad thicker there? other than that a darn good deal all the way around!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019