Hydraulic or self leveling trim tabs?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Jacobwalsh92, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Jacobwalsh92

Jacobwalsh92 Member

Hey guys got a 1984 20’ cc shamrock. Had hydraulic trim tabs before. Any thoughts or opinions on doing the self leveling tabs ? Boat runs great when on a plane really want to avoid the left to right wobble motion when people shift weight. Any suggestions would be great. Thank you

Attached Files:

2. crhodes

crhodes Well-Known Member

I like having control to adjust for varying conditions. Even in the video I saw the guy acknowledged he likes different angles for different purposes. I vote hydraulic. My 2 cent worth....

3. redneck

redneck Well-Known Member

4. Gary S

Gary S Well-Known Member

No on the self leveling here. Was out on a 3 day 200+ mile cruise. Last day was horrible weather strong wind coming from the port side. Was able to trim the boat heavily to starboard so that the spray we kicked up hit back on the side and bottom rather than going over and on to us

5. Matt Dickinson

Matt Dickinson New Member

Yes. Hydraulics all the way. The power to heel the boat to port or starboard, and to control the boats fore/aft attitude when weight distribution or visibility is not ideal is paramount.