Administrator, how do I authenticate an account

Discussion in 'Website Concerns, Questions and Suggestions' started by Nay, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Nay

Nay Well-Known Member

I have been trying to get a pal of mine's computer set up to interface with this site. I registered him with a user name and password. He can log on and the site recognizes him but he can not see photos and can not post messages.
    When trying to look at pictures he gets a message that he has not been "authenticated". What does that mean and how do you get that done? The only thing that is different that I can think of is he has an AOL account; is that a concern?
    Nay

2. Flick

Flick New Member

I have the same problem. No response from Admin.

3. Forumtech

Forumtech Administrator

4. cw.abeljr

cw.abeljr Well-Known Member

When I first joined this forum I went for many days with the same problem. Not being able to post I could not contact an administrator to let them know the problem existed. I at the time was using a Gmail email and back then it was not allowed( I have since contacted the new site manager and now use my gmail) anyway I had talked to another member on this forum that I also had talked to on another forum and he let an administrator know of my problem and I was then authenticated.

5. Forumtech

Forumtech Administrator

I'd appreciate if you can quote the authenticated error so I can investigate this.

6. cw.abeljr

Sir I am not saying that there was an error, it was just that no one authenticated my activation until another member already on the forum contacted an administrator for me. I could not post so at the time I couldn't contact an administrator myself to get this accomplished......... Also this was before you took over the forum. I believe it was Gavin that finally straightened it out for me....... It sounds as if from what was posted by Nay that the same issue still exists, and that is if no one authenticates you, that you have no way to let the administrators know that the problem exists unless another member contacts them for you.

7. Forumtech

Forumtech Administrator

At the bottom there is a Contact Us button and it isn't necessary to be a member to fill it:
    http://shamrockboatownersclub.com/forums/misc/contact

8. cw.abeljr

Sir, at the time that I joined we were using the old forum format and I looked and looked for a way to contact an administrator and could not find one. I am not saying there wasn't one at the time but I sure couldn't find one. I may have spoken incorrectly when I said that the person that Nay is speaking for can't contact you to get authenticated because I honestly didn't look for one on this new forum format. I was just relaying my issue when I joined under the old format. I am sorry and apoliguise if I may have misled you.

9. Forumtech

Forumtech Administrator

Don't worry, I posted the link to help other users who may be in the same situation as you were.

10. anthony diaz

anthony diaz New Member

Don't worry, sometimes the server is in a little trouble. I used to and contacted the Admin, after a few minutes the problem was resolved.
    All you need to do is wait and click on the verification link and everything will be fine again.