246WA Projects

Discussion in 'Tips & Modifications' started by redneck, May 9, 2019.

1. redneck

redneck Well-Known Member

I finished a couple of projects on the boat over the winter.

Rear drainage system- I replaced the plastic fittings with stainless. The elbows and deck drain are from Gemlux and the tee was built from 1 1/2" 316 stainless fittings i purchased online and tied it all together with marine exhaust hose.I drilled an tapped the fish box and live well drains with a NPT tap and used Swage-lok fittings to tie in my rod holder drain manifold.
    deck drain.JPG drain tee.JPG transom drain.JPG fish box drain.JPG
    Engine data- I installed a new Lowrance Elite ti2 9" and setup a NMEA2K net work to read engine data thru a Fox marine engine gateway.Now i have a fuel flow reading from the computer and good back up readings in case my main gauges act up.I purchased the NMEA2K kit for my trim tabs from Bennett and hooked it in to network and can see the trim tab position on the Lowrance in the lower right.
    DISPLAY.JPG fox marine.JPG
    For safety reasons i installed a Fell marine MOB+ in series with the lanyard switch and decided on the watch band way to wear the fob it works really well.Fell marine has some great videos on there site and you-tube. You need about 8 inches of clearance behind the unit for the antenna. The area i mounted it in is about an inch thick and cored with plywood i wasn't expecting it to be that thick.
    MOB.JPG MOB 3.JPG MOB 1.JPG

2. fisherlady2

fisherlady2 Well-Known Member

I now have electronics envy! Loving the gateway display!

3. redneck

Thanks! I could never compete with fishing gear on yours. :)

4. acestar

acestar Well-Known Member

Hi i saw your sticker with CE. Do you have a factory CE certificate for your boat? I'm look for something like that beacause my boat has no paper's.
    Best

5. redneck

I’m not sure. I have the owners manual for the 246 and 219 WA. I could look thru my paper work and see. Do you have an example of what your looking for? That label is useless to me i was told I was put on there for international sale. I’m out of the country for the next week for work I can check when I get back. Are you looking for specs weight etc?

6. acestar

acestar Well-Known Member

Thanks for the answer. Since 1998 every boat which find their way to a EU country need that paper. If a 246 hast it, it's possible for a 219 as well, so I#m looking for a example...
    Best
    Dominique

Attached Files:

7. redneck

Ill take look when I get back to see what I have.

acestar likes this.